100+ Wishes Quilt Update
For those of you who have not sent your submission yet...PLEASE send them now!!! I am still accepting them! PLEASE!!!! I really want everyone to participate!!!!!!!!!! See posts from Jan 10 & Jan 20 for more info!
Some of you may be wondering why I have not started sewing yet. Well, I have been giving people more time to submit their fabric and wishes AND I have been bogged down with sinus problems and Olympic viewing lately. But I am close to starting. I have gone through and started to prep the fabrics. I have a table with them all laid out and a pile that still needs to be pressed. I will get to that SOON!
I have been rethinking the design of the quilt. Since I have gotten so many interesting and awesome quilt submissions, the 100+ fabrics will go on the front and back of the quilt. The back will be larger pieces from tshirts and other things with a big design. I am thinking of not doing we crazy design that I had in mind for the front. I am thinking of different size squares, triangles, and rectangles, but nothing that is uniform at all. So sort of crazy...just a slightly different technique. Maybe something like THIS. I thought I would make the smaller shapes out of the smaller print fabrics and the larger out of the bigger prints. Since I don't want to use a specific pattern, I guess the quilt will just be whatever it turns out to be. Special because all of you contributed!
Some of you may be wondering why I have not started sewing yet. Well, I have been giving people more time to submit their fabric and wishes AND I have been bogged down with sinus problems and Olympic viewing lately. But I am close to starting. I have gone through and started to prep the fabrics. I have a table with them all laid out and a pile that still needs to be pressed. I will get to that SOON!
I have been rethinking the design of the quilt. Since I have gotten so many interesting and awesome quilt submissions, the 100+ fabrics will go on the front and back of the quilt. The back will be larger pieces from tshirts and other things with a big design. I am thinking of not doing we crazy design that I had in mind for the front. I am thinking of different size squares, triangles, and rectangles, but nothing that is uniform at all. So sort of crazy...just a slightly different technique. Maybe something like THIS. I thought I would make the smaller shapes out of the smaller print fabrics and the larger out of the bigger prints. Since I don't want to use a specific pattern, I guess the quilt will just be whatever it turns out to be. Special because all of you contributed!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home