Quilt Frustrations!
Well, today is January 10, the date I set as mailing deadline for quilt submissions. Somehow I don't think that there are 27 submissions going into today's mail. And actually, I am not looking for just 100 submissions total. I want this to be Dori's Special 100+ Good Wishes Quilt Project!
My goal is to make a very meaningful quilt and scrapbook for Dorisa. Things that she will look back upon for years and years and treasure. Things that will tell many stories of love, family, and friends.
I look at the list of 73 submissions. 40 are from people from my online adoption support groups. People who I have never met IRL. Their submissions are great, but there are so many special friends and family members that have not sent in a submission. We made requests to 83 family and friends (and if you think of individual members of a family it could be more.) We have only received 33. Of those 50 MIA, about 12 people have said they were participating, and I do believe we will get submissions. But that still leaves at least 38 no accounted for. And many of the non-submittees include the Hansen side of the family. We've never been a consistant bunch at doing birthday cards, gifts, calls, emails, etc. But we are still family. It is very important that all of you participate. I really hope that Dori doesn't ask me some day why someone didn't have something in the quilt. This goes for our friends too!
I am even willing to make this very easy on you. I have lots and lots of cute fabrics on hand. I am willing to provide the fabric if you can provide the wish. I will pick a fabric that I think reflects you. You can even email he wish to me and I would be happy to print it out and add it to the project. I can even write down what you dictate over the phone.
PLEASE, Please, please! I beg of you to participate!! I really hate to say that I am extending the deadline again, but at this point, I am just not starting the quilt. I can't. It is incomplete.
If you don't read this here...you will read it in the email that I will be sending out individually!
My goal is to make a very meaningful quilt and scrapbook for Dorisa. Things that she will look back upon for years and years and treasure. Things that will tell many stories of love, family, and friends.
I look at the list of 73 submissions. 40 are from people from my online adoption support groups. People who I have never met IRL. Their submissions are great, but there are so many special friends and family members that have not sent in a submission. We made requests to 83 family and friends (and if you think of individual members of a family it could be more.) We have only received 33. Of those 50 MIA, about 12 people have said they were participating, and I do believe we will get submissions. But that still leaves at least 38 no accounted for. And many of the non-submittees include the Hansen side of the family. We've never been a consistant bunch at doing birthday cards, gifts, calls, emails, etc. But we are still family. It is very important that all of you participate. I really hope that Dori doesn't ask me some day why someone didn't have something in the quilt. This goes for our friends too!
I am even willing to make this very easy on you. I have lots and lots of cute fabrics on hand. I am willing to provide the fabric if you can provide the wish. I will pick a fabric that I think reflects you. You can even email he wish to me and I would be happy to print it out and add it to the project. I can even write down what you dictate over the phone.
PLEASE, Please, please! I beg of you to participate!! I really hate to say that I am extending the deadline again, but at this point, I am just not starting the quilt. I can't. It is incomplete.
If you don't read this here...you will read it in the email that I will be sending out individually!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home