Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Opinions Needed!

While I wait for the rest of the quilt submissions, maintance on the machine, washing and prepping the fabric, and organizing everything, I am trying to figure out how I am going to make Dorisa's One Hundred Good Wishes Quilt (OHGWQ). I have spent the last week cleaning out and organizing my sewing room. I am donating large pieces of fabrics and I threw out many stupid little scraps. I bartered a trade of tons of fleece for some custom made cloth diapers. I organized the fabrics I am keeping into one cabinet and I raised my cutting table up to a comfortable height.

I think that a crazy quilt might work best since I am getting all kinds of different prints and types of fabrics. I have been practicing this technique over the past few days and am starting to get the hang of it. Today I took all kinds of funky scraps and stitched up 4 crazy blocks. Then I sewed them together. I have a pic here for you to look at cause I would like opinions. I know the fabrics are all kinds of funky and not matching...but I anticipate that is how Dori's quilt will turn out. I have lots of fun bright prints to use for the OHGWQ. I may try to match up colors or prints somehow. What do you think of this crazy look? This block measures 12" square. I am not sure if the quilt would just be block after block sewn together or if I would like to put some kind of sashing (strips between blocks) or other framing around the blocks. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home