Keep 'em Coming!
Many people are responding to the reminders that I have sent out. Thanks! I will continue to accept fabric and wishes for a while!!! I recently picked up some fat quarters of some very cute and bright fabrics that I would like to include in the quilt. Feel free to email a wish that I can match with one of these fabrics to serve as your submission! We are up to 89 now, but don't think that I will stop at 100!!!
I have begun the early planning stages of the quilt. The machine is in the show getting a tune-up. I am also going to a workshop to teach the Crazy Quilt technique tomorrow. This is the type of pattern I am going to use on the quilt. A Crazy Quilt really doesn't have any pattern at all, but there is a particular technique to it. Your fabrics are going to be cut up into varying sizes of polygons and stitched together. I think this is the best technique to use with the variety of fabrics that I have received. It will take a little practice to get this technique down. I also need to get the wishes and fabrics organized. Some of the fabrics have not been washed yet, so I need to wash them. All need to be pressed. So, you can see that I have already begun the process of making this quilt...even though some of you have not sent your submissions yet. The actual stitching will come way later. And with the way I am doing it...I don't need every fabric on hand when I start sewing. I can add others later. Soooooooooo...I am not inviting you to procrastinate, but giving you enough time to get your submission in!
I have begun the early planning stages of the quilt. The machine is in the show getting a tune-up. I am also going to a workshop to teach the Crazy Quilt technique tomorrow. This is the type of pattern I am going to use on the quilt. A Crazy Quilt really doesn't have any pattern at all, but there is a particular technique to it. Your fabrics are going to be cut up into varying sizes of polygons and stitched together. I think this is the best technique to use with the variety of fabrics that I have received. It will take a little practice to get this technique down. I also need to get the wishes and fabrics organized. Some of the fabrics have not been washed yet, so I need to wash them. All need to be pressed. So, you can see that I have already begun the process of making this quilt...even though some of you have not sent your submissions yet. The actual stitching will come way later. And with the way I am doing it...I don't need every fabric on hand when I start sewing. I can add others later. Soooooooooo...I am not inviting you to procrastinate, but giving you enough time to get your submission in!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home