Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Q & A

I have had several questions about Dorisa and the quilt since sending the letters out. Here are some answers~

We do not know any details about our daughter yet. We are sure she has been born, but we won't find out who she is and details about her until our referral in January or February. We are naming her after my late Grandma Doris. The wait does seem long, but we knew about it going in and are totally calm. (At least we are for now!)

Someone asked if buying a fat quarter of fabric would be good. That is a great idea!! I wish I had put that in the letter. A fat quarter is a precut 1/4 yard of fabric that you don't have to wait for someone at a counter to cut for you. You should be able to find them at any craft or fabric store and they are probably around $2 or so. They have them at the fabric section at Walmart or other general stores that carry craft stuff. A fat quarter is more than enough fabric and you could just send the whole thing and I could do the cutting. I will be cutting the squares down to a smaller size and then use the leftover scraps to cover the scrapbook of wishes. For the wishes...handwritten or typed is fine. Some of the ones that we have already gotten are very dolled up (like they were taken from a scrapbook page), but the message is what is meaningful...so don't worry about the look of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home