100 Good Wishes Quilt
I am going to make a 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Dori. I will be gathering quilt fabric and wishes from 100 people. Here is a link to a website showcasing some quilts.
To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or "100 Good Wishes Quilt." It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth along with a wish. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed to the project. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation.
Please contact me if you want to participate!
Here are some wishes and fabric that I have already received from one of the adoption online groups that I am involved in.

Here are a few of the wishes.

To welcome and celebrate a new life, there is a tradition in the northern part of China to make a Bai Jia Bei, or "100 Good Wishes Quilt." It is a custom to invite 100 people to contribute a single square patch of cloth along with a wish. The 100 patches are sewn together into a quilt that contains the luck, energy, and good wishes from all the family and friends who contributed to the project. The quilt is then passed down from generation to generation.
Please contact me if you want to participate!
Here are some wishes and fabric that I have already received from one of the adoption online groups that I am involved in.

Here are a few of the wishes.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home